Quinoa is a staple food in the vegan kitchen. Its health value is immense. People who cannot handle gluten can rely on quinoa. The grain is very high in fiber that helps to fight constipation and helps to digest food faster. Quinoa is usually red or white. This recipe is using both colors, but if you have only one kind in your pantry, you can use only one type of lentil in this recipe too.
Quinoa is a great source protein for the vegans. It contains a good amount of amino acid too. Aside from this super ingredient, this salad also contains cucumber, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, orange, and peach.
The combination of fruits and vegetables works perfectly. That’s why you will love this flavourful vegan quinoa salad dressing too.
- 3 cups Quinoa
- 6 cups Water
- 1 Lime
- 4 Cucumbers
- 1 cup Cheery Tomatoes
- 4 Peaches all-purpose flour
- 1 Orange
- 1 Red bell pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Dried thyme
- 1 tbsp Fresh Sage
- Cook the quinoa with salted water for 20 minutes.
- Add to a large bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice the cucumbers finely. Dice the cherry tomatoes and the bell pepper.
- Slice the lime thinly. Dice the peaches and peel the orange.
- Add the vegetables and fruits into the bowl.
- In a container, combine the thyme, salt, orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, black pepper and shake well.
- Add the dressing onto the salad and toss well. Add the fresh sage on top and serve.