This cdish is unique. The flavors of lentil, zucchini, cauliflower, tomato, and herbs complement each other well.
I have used yellow lentil in this recipe. Feel free to use black, red, or brown too. Lentil is a great source of protein. It is very high in folate and iron. Lentil has the properties to reduce heart diseases.
I used my favorite vegetables in the dish. They also complement the texture of lentil. You can add more veggies like squash, broccoli, or carrot.
This dish is best served with rice or tortilla.
- 1 cup Lentils
- 2 Potatoes
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 large cauliflower with stem
- 1 tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/3 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Mustard oil
- 3 tbsp Green chilies
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- Peel the potatoes, zucchini and cut them into thick sticks.
- Chop the tomato finely. Dice the cauliflower with its stem roughly.
- In a clay pot or in a large pan, add the lentils
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower and zucchini on top of the lentils.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, and the green chilies.
- Sprinkle the ginger, salt, garlic, paprika, cumin, turmeric, coriander, and parsley on top.
- Pour in the vegetable broth. Cover with lid and cook for about 20 minutes on high heat.
- Serve hot with rice.